The lecture deals with the protection of intellectual services in the technical field. Matters of subject are filing, granting, and enforcement of intellectual property rights, with special focus on patents.
Structure of the lecture:
- History of the patent law
- Substantive patent criteria: novelty, inventive step, etc.
- Selection of suitable inventions under legally, technically, and economically aspects for patenting procedures by using the European patent grant procedure exemplary.
- Reasons for revocation in the case of European patents (missing patentability, insufficient disclosure, inadmissible extension, unlawful withdrawal)
- Opposition proceedings to the European Patent Office
- Actions for annulment
- Strategies for the enforcement of intellectual property rights with introduction to infringement proceedings
Further information on the lecture: RWTHonline
Seminar zum Praxissemester
The presentation skills in professional and scientific context will be trained.
Registration and assignment of a lecture date take place by submitting the internship report stamped by the intership office in the secretariat of the ISEA. To register you need to provide following information:
- Course of studies and matriculation number
- E-mail address
- Name of the company where the internship was completed
- Supervising professor and assistant to the final thesis
- Theme of the thesis
Restration is only possible once the topic of the thesis has been confirmed at the ISEA.
Further questions will be answered by the secretariat (email@example.com)
Further information on the seminar: Campus
The „Elektronik AG“ gives students the opportunity to realize their own electrical projects. It is possible to design new PCB layouts or build up already existing projects. It does not matter if you are a beginner or an expert. This course is supervised by two experienced students.
Furhter information: RWTHonline
The lecture “Ringvorlesung Elektromobilität” consist of weekly presentations by guests from different institutes and companies. They will shed light on aspects of e-mobility from their academic or their company’s perspective. This way interested students can join and get into dialogue with guests and lecturers.
There is no need to register for this lecture as there are no credits to be earned. The language of these presentations is German but many slides will be presented in English.
Further information on the lecture: RWTH Website