Research, develop, and apply power electronic conversion and storage technologies (medium-voltage building blocks) to significantly improve the performance of generation (efficiency, life cycle cost, flexibility), storage, medium-voltage distribution and multi-terminal DC transmission systems.
- Design, fabrication and testing of high-power semiconductor switches
- Development, design and testing of medium-voltage power converters (AC-DC and DC-DC converters) and high-speed drives
- Development, design and testing of fast hybrid switches and electronic substations for DC distribution and transmission systems.
- Analysis and control automation of mini-power (MW) power plants
- Analysis, design and development of electrochemical energy conversion and storage systems (batteries and electrolyzers)
- Development of controller hardware and real-time emulators